Note: These priorities align with the Shared Priorities and Early Literacy Policy Framework of the state’s early literacy initiative, Read On Arizona.
- Expand and sustain equitable access to high-quality early learning.
- Build educator capacity in the science of reading and scale existing current literacy initiatives.
- Offer quality professional development, coaching, and mentoring to teachers and elementary school administration, ensuring rural communities have access.
- Bring evidence-based literacy solutions to a greater scale by providing strategic pathways and funding for promising programs to become evidence-based.
- Provide a sustainable funding stream to support Comprehensive Literacy State Development expansion and the state’s early literacy collective impact initiative.
- Advocate for funding and strategies that would support evidence-based strategies to reduce chronic absenteeism.
- Provide evidence-based interventions for struggling readers.