Arizonans have told us they are looking for a nonpartisan source of information about important P-20 education issues. They’ve shared with us that they want factual information to understand how these issues impact schools, students, educators, and families from a nonpartisan perspective.
In response to this feedback, Education Forward Arizona will share information to help you understand key education issues. We will do our best to share factual information that puts our students and educators at the center of the conversation. We’ll also share our perspective and how the issues can help us increase education attainment and drive progress towards the Education Progress Meter goals.
- What’s in the Governor’s Proposed FY23 State Budget for Education?On January 14 Governor Doug Ducey released his $14.25B proposal for the fiscal year 2023 budget. Priorities in the budget included education, water and public safety, among other issues. The budget, which has been […]
- 2022 State of the State: Addressing Ducey’s Education AgendaToday the Governor delivered his 8th and final State of the State address where he laid out his vision for Arizona for the year ahead. We heard the Governor discuss his priorities of water, […]
- Spending Limit Puts more than $1.1B at risk for Arizona SchoolsMore than a billion dollars of existing school funding is in jeopardy if the legislature doesn’t allow school districts to spend it. How we got here In 1980, Arizona voters passed a measure that […]
- 2021 Legislative Session Wrap UpAfter 171 days and the third longest session in Arizona history, the legislature wrapped up the 2021 regular session on June 30. This has certainly been a year like no other, filled with contentious […]
- How to Be Involved in How Your School District or Charter School is using COVID Relief FundingArizona is receiving an estimated $4 billion to support K-12 education, the majority of which (90%) will go directly to school districts and charter schools based on their Title I funding allocations. Read more […]